HealthOne is excited to introduce its partnership with Rowenta! Rowenta is dedicated to providing air quality solutions that allow people to live healthier lives. This week we have teamed up with them to talk about the effects of air pollution, and how to improve the air quality in your home for optimal health.
It’s no surprise to most Torontonians that the city air we breathe is not the best quality. Air pollution is a major concern of the modern world and has a significant impact on our health. There are numerous emission sources, with motor vehicles and industrial processes both being major contributors.
Any unusual suspended material in the air, which causes difficulties in normal function of the human organs, is considered air pollution.
SEE ALSO: 7 Tips to Combat Digital Eyestrain
Increased respiratory discomfort is usually the most noticeable symptom, but what else can poor air quality be doing to our bodies?
Research indicates that the toxic effects of exposure to polluted air are incredibly far-reaching. They include:
- Respiratory infections
- Increased exacerbations of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Cardiovascular dysfunction and hypertension
- Eye irritation and dry eye syndrome
- Conditions of the skin including pigmentation spots and changes associated with aging
- Increased neuroinflammatory markers
- Mood changes such as increased anxiety and aggression
- Reproductive impacts including a link to male infertility
Even a small amount of air pollution is shown to be dangerous for susceptible groups such as young children and older adults, as well as patients suffering from respiratory and cardiovascular diseases.
At HealthOne we truly believe that alongside environmental efforts such as tree planting, promoting green vehicles, government legislation, regulatory efforts, and increased public awareness, using an air purifier indoors can provide a significant benefit to our health.
The Rowenta Intense Pure Air
Considering the time we spend everyday in our homes, purifying the air in our indoor space is a worthwhile investment. Good quality air purifiers are proven by extensive research to provide benefits to air quality.
The Intense Pure Air is the only air purifier that removes 99.99% of pollution and permanently destroys formaldehyde for a safer and healthier indoor environment.
When pollution levels are high Rowenta suggests the following steps to improve your air quality:
- Limit intense physical activity and sports
- Limit car and bike trips
- Avoid smoking
- Limit use of wood-fired heating
- Go outdoors in the early morning or late evening
- Open the windows to your home in the early morning and late evening
- Reduce exposure by using an air purifier
Stop by the HealthOne Hub to learn more about how Rowenta’s air quality solutions can help take your health to the next level! To find out more about the Rowenta Intense Pure Air, check out their website, here.